75th Birthday Party
75th Party Guests
Those We Have Lost
Who Came to the 55th
The Lighter Side
The Tiger's Tale
PHS Chorus & Band
Try The Music Quiz
Our Music 1957-1961
AV Clubbs Jr High
Stay in Touch
Please enter up to 3 valid emails.
Please put in a valid email address.
Please include a comment.
How well do you remember those great songs of our youth? Take the quiz to find out. To answer each question, just click on the appropriate dot and then click "submit" at the bottom of the page to see how many you got right.
1) When did "Little Susie" finally wake up?
2) "Rock Around the Clock" was used in what movie?
Rebel Without A Cause
The Wild Ones
Rock Pretty Baby
3) From a Rock n' Roll standpoint, what's missing? Earth...
Wind and Fire
4) "I Found My Thrill..." Where?
New York City
5) "Please turn on your magic beam, ________ bring me a dream."
6) For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
7) He asked, "Why's everybody always pickin' on me?" Who was he?
8) In Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife," the one with the knife was named:
9) Name the song with "A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom."
Good Golly, Miss Molly
All Shook Up
10) Paul Anka's "Puppy Love" was written to what star?
11) The Everly Brothers are:
Pete and Paul
Don and Phil
Bob and Mike
Tom and Dick
12) The Big Bopper's real name was:
Jiles P. Richardson
Roy Harold Scherer, Jr.
Marion Michael Morrison
Ernest B. Evans
13) Released in 1957, who sang "Love Letters in the Sand"?
14) "I play the game but to my real shame you've let me to dream on my own." Name the song.
Hearts of Stone
The Great Pretender
Learnin' The Blues
15) "You Send Me" is a 1957 single by?
16) "I was born one mornin', it was drizzlin' rain. Fightin' and trouble are my middle name." Name the artist.
Tennessee Ernie Ford
Jerry Lee Lewis
17) Who sang the 1956 song "Long Tall Sally"?
18) Who sang "Diana" in 1957?
19) "They say for every boy and girl there's just one love in this whole world..." Name the song.
Teenager in Love
Love is a Many Splendored Thing
Love is Strange
20) "Well you say you're gonna leave, you know it's a lie" is a line from which song?
Bye, Bye Love
That'll Be The Day
Hard Headed Woman
21) Complete the lyric which is also the song's title: "After breakfast every day, she throws a warning glance my way and never fails to say.."
Who's Sorry Now
Get A Job
22) Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me like days of old.." Which Platters hit contains this line?
Smoke Get's In Your Eyes
23) Who sang "Come, Go With Me"?
24) "We stood beside our cotton bales and didn't say a thing." Name the artist.
25) Who is generally given credit for originating the term "Rock n' Roll"?
26) In 1957, he left the music business to become a preacher.
Jerry Lee Lewis
27) In 1959, Berry Gordy, Jr., started a small record company called?
28) Edd Byrnes had hit with "Kookie, Kookie Lend Me Your Comb". What TV show was he on?
77 Sunset Strip
Bourbon Street Beat
29) In 1960, Bobby Darin married?
30) They were a one-hit wonder with "Book of Love".
31) The Everly Brothers sang a song called "Till I _______You".
32) "Oh, _____________, why can't you be true?"
33) 'I'm like a one-eyed cat
can't go into town anymore"
sleepin' on a cold hard floor"
peepin' in a seafood store"
creepin' in the back door"
34) "Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do
'cause there ain't no answer for a life without you."
'cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues."
'cause my car's gassed up and I'm ready to cruise."
'cause my girl's run off with my blue suede shoes."
Powered by MyEvent.com